When it comes to taking care of your baby’s hair, you have quite a lot of things to consider. From the choice of baby hair brush to the selection of best baby shampoos around for your kid’s hair type, you have to make very careful decisions. Amidst all that, one thing that you may not pay too much attention to is how to brush baby’s hair. Yes, most of us don’t pay attention to this aspect as we’re not aware of exactly how we should be brushing our toddler’s hair.
Basically, there are two different scenarios specifically for which you have to brush your baby’s hair. These include:
- Brushing your baby’s hair to groom it
- Brushing your baby’s hair to ensure better scalp health
The method of brushing the baby’s hair differs a bit for both these options and you should be very careful about. If you have no idea about how to brush baby’s hair, here we have step by step instructions for you to follow. Let’s take a look.
How To Brush Baby’s Hair For Grooming?
Grooming your little one for any special occasion or in everyday routine is necessary and grooming the hair plays a vital part in their overall beautiful looks. You have to make sure that the hair is properly groomed and brushed so that it doesn’t just look nice but also that it’s not damaged at all. Below are the steps you need to follow for brushing your baby’s hair for grooming purposes.
Check Out: 60 Little Boys Haircuts 2018 – Mr Kids Haircuts
- Use soft bristled hair brush.
- Brush the hair of your baby forward.
- Create a side part on one of the sides.
- The hair at the front should now be swept away from that part you have just created.
- If your baby is a girl then try not to use clips, elastics or headbands because they can do a bit of pulling around and your kids’ hair may break.
That’s it, you have perfectly groomed your baby’s hair and a cool and simple look is achieved.
How To Brush Baby’s Hair For Better Scalp Health?
Scalp health is also important for further growth of hair and to maintain overall good condition of the skin. And, obviously, this point can’t be stressed more considering the sensitive nature of the kids’ skin. So, if you want to brush your baby’s hair in a way that it promotes better scalp health, here is what you need to do.
- When giving your baby a bath, massage some water and shampoo into the scalp.
- Rinse it off in order to get a clear look at their scalp.
- Brush their hair in opposite direction from the one they are actually growing in.
- If there are any cradle cap spots, pay extra attention to them. But, obviously, you can’t completely eliminate these spots in a single session and, therefore, you really need to be patient with that.
- Now, rinse the hair of your baby once more to get rid of any skin flakes which might have fallen off. If needed, shampoo it again.
- Don’t avoid washing or brushing that soft spot.
Once you’ll brush your baby’s hair this way, you will soon start seeing improvements to their overall scalp health and the hair will look cool as well.
So, that’s how to brush baby’s hair for different possible situations. Obviously, using these tried and tested methods will help you improve your baby’s hair health and groom them better than ever. Just give it a try!