Undercut, Spiky, Shaggy, Tapered, or Hipster, what type of hairstyles do you think would best suit your little man? Well, these are only few of the popular boys hairstyles these days and there are many more trending looks that you should give a try. So, if you are sick of your kids’ unruly hair, you should definitely consider the options described here and make the best picks for your little boys this season.
Top Boys Hairstyles For Achieving A Stylish Look
You are never short of options when it comes to boys hairstyles. From short to long, there are all sorts of amazing looks that you can try out for your little one on any day. Whether you want some of the best school boys haircuts or you are looking for something casual that he can wear on the parties and other special events, there’s a wide variety that you can look forward to. Check out these shortlisted options that we have brought to you. You’ll surely come up with something that your kids would fall in love with.
This classy bigger quiff always makes a statement and it looks as cool as ever on little kids. Elvis Presley made this hairstyle popular and it’s still a trendy option for teenagers and little boys too. It requires the hair to be kept short on the back and sides while increasing the length up top. Keeping it to medium length, at least, on the top is necessary for achieving a perfect style. Here’s how to achieve this look.
- Grab a bit of styling gel or pomade for achieving the pomp.
- Brush the pomade through his frontal locks and take it all upwards. The pomp you create must be bigger as compared to quiff and should look better.
- Small amount of a hairspray can also be used for keeping it in place.
- Styling might have to be done several times for achieving the look as desired.
If you remember the porcupine spikes from the 90s, this is a perfect alternative to that. One of the best cool haircuts around, this one need some mousse for styling purposes. It requires your kid’s hair to be trimmed short while keeping it slightly longer on top. Here we have the steps you need to follow for achieving this look.
- Apply some mousse to his hair.
- After applying the gel, spike it up at the front – make the fringe using your hands rather than the comb.
- It will only stay in its place if you have used a good quality mousse or gel.
It’s not necessary for the spikes to have sharp edges as in case of porcupine spikes.
If you’re looking for boys haircuts which can add some height to your kid, this is the look tailor made for you. Add a couple of inches to the height of your kid with this stylish and fun hairstyle. It’s quite easily achieved and it won’t take much of your time either. Here’s how to achieve the look.
- Comb through his damp hair to bring hair on top forward and down everything on the sides.
- Grab some styling gel or pomade and apply it to all his hair.
- Using both the hands, raise his hair into a typical Faux Hawk look right in the middle. Make sure that you achieve maximum height spiking it up.
- Use hairspray to set it into place.
This is a perfect choice for summer months, especially for boys with thick locks. It requires the hair to be brushed up while making sure it doesn’t fall over his forehead. The cute boys hairstyle really looks cool on kids with square or round faces. Follow below steps to achieve this look.
- Use some kid-friendly hairspray for styling purposes. Or, apply some pomade on his damp hair.
- Use a fine-toothed comb or your fingers fro styling his locks vertically.
- Vertically tease his hair on top.
- Hairspray can be used for keeping it all into place.
For kids with elongated faces, or broader foreheads, a fringe can be used to cover it up by framing his nice little face. Follow below steps for achieving this nice hairstyle.
- Set the fringe as soon as your boy has taken shower.
- Brush frontal hair forward either with your hands or a hairbrush.
- Apply some pomade and untangle his hair using your fingers while breaking up the locks which are stuck together.
- Finally, the fringe should be combed for achieving that smooth look. But make sure that you do not overdo it.
It is another perfect hairstyle for kids that can create a cool, disheveled look. You should follow some simple steps to achieve this look to perfection. Here they are.
- Apply a hair gel with soft hold to his hair. Make sure you only take pea-sized amount of the gel because otherwise it will make his hair look wet and oily.
- Draw his locks from roots with the help of teasing comb and try not to touch the layer on top.
- Create some spikes using your fingers and keep his sideburns smooth.
- The hair could also be tousled with fingers only if you’re not interested in creating any spikes.
Ivy League Hairstyle
It’s all in the name! The hairstyle will make your boy look elegant and classy all the time. The hairstyle requires his hair to be kept a bit longer as compared to what you have in case of a crew cut. Just keep it 0.5” to 1.5” in length. In ideal case, taper off the hair on sides as well as back and achieve various lengths. Here’s how to style the look.
- Apply some gel or wax for combing his hair to a side while keeping the part at right or left temple.
- Brush or comb the hair neatly towards a side for keeping it all into place.
- You may also brush it all the way up rather than the sides.
Side Swept Hairstyle
When looking for simple hairstyles for kids, nothing can match the simplicity that comes with side-swept or side-parted hairstyles. It creates all the ‘good boy’ vibes and looks just great and cute on your little one. Here’s what you need to do for achieving this look.
- Use his natural hair division for achieving the look.
- Part his hair at right or left side while combing it to the other side.
- Secure it into place by brushing the locks on each side. Styling gel might not be needed for achieving this look when you are dealing with straight hair.
- If your boy has thin hair, hair sprays could be used for adding volume.
Make sure that the hair is kept longer on one side as compared to the other.
Yet another cool hairstyle for boys which can be styled with medium-to-long hair, it is rather easily achieved than what you might imagine. Keep your boy’s hair to 6 inches in length, at least, for achieving a perfect hair bun. A hair tie would be needed along with a bit of styling gel for securing the look to perfection. Here we have the steps for achieving this beautiful style.
- Scoop up his hair in your hands in the same way as you do for creating ponytails.
- Smoothen it up at the top and pull the frontal hair back to achieve a tail.
- Create a knot at the ponytail by pulling it back up before folding everything on top and securing with a simple hair band.
- Fold it up as much as you like depending on your hair length.
It is also possible to fold the hair bun at back of his head to bring some variation into the hairstyle. You can style the Samurai Bun in 40 different ways.
Shag hairstyles are cool, particularly when worn by a teenager or a little kid. The hairdo is exactly what your little one needs for making his curly locks work perfectly for him. For naturally wavy hair, you may need to style it with some gel. Besides, you need to maintain consistent volume across his head. Overall, it will create a casual and messy look. Here is how you can achieve this hairstyle.
- For styling, shampoo his locks and rinse it through.
- Use fingers to tousle his hair and use blow dryer or a towel for drying it out.
- Don’t comb it through when wet because it will make the shaggy look go away when his hair dries out.
Combed Back Hairstyle
It is among the simplest kids hairstyles out there. If you intend to give your boy something formal, the combed back look is a perfect point to start. It only requires you to have a bit of pomade or hairstyling gel with strong-to-medium hold. The hair length should be kept at short-to-medium up top as well as on the sides. Here’s how you should be styling it.
Apply some hair gel and comb it all backwards, while keeping the direction a bit diagonal.
- You may even comb it all the way back for achieving the slicked back style.
- Make sure there aren’t any loose strands coming out.
- Pat down his hair on top as well as sides if the need be.
When you’re interested in covering the broad forehead of your little kid in a stylish manner, this is the hairstyle you should go for. It’s stylish and it works on medium length hair. Here’s how to achieve the look.
- Apply styling gel or wax to his hair before brushing the locks at the front onto his forehead.
- Create as much mess as you possibly can out of the fringe. Create an unkempt style with your hands.
- Do some tousling of the locks around his crown area.
One of the best cute boys hairstyles around, a quiff is always noticeable. However, you can keep it bold or subtle based on how you want your boy to look. You must keep his hair longer, particularly at the front, to style it into a quiff. The hair is typically kept shorter at the back and sides.
Here comes the styling part.
- Use gel on top for styling purposes.
- Brush his hair on top back for creating a quiff or “wall”, just above his forehead.
- Smoothen the quiff using a brush or comb.
- Use comb for slightly bending the quiff’s edges forward or backward.
For kids with medium hair of African origin, this is the best hairstyling option. Dreads are the small wavy structures that stand out bluntly as they point upwards all over the head. Here is how you can achieve it to perfection.
- Your simplest option for creating dreadlocks is by using soft-toothed comb while circling small hair positions into the dread balls.
- If your boy is already sporting dreadlocks, wet his hair a bit and then make sure that it’s kept short.
- When dreads grow longer, just cut it down and maintain his style.
If you haven’t tried this hairstyle before, it’s best that you get a professional to do it.
For kids with natural curls on top, you only need to do some styling for accentuating it. Try to give it a bit voluminous look. Here is how you need to style it up.
- Wash his hair using some organic sulfur-free shampoo.
- Rinse his hair before towel-drying it.
- While it is damp, try making some short curls using your fingers.
- Wrap some hair strands on your fingers, keep it in that position for some time, and just leave it.
- Do the same with rest of his hair.
- Make sure that you wrap the curls tight as long as they don’t hurt your kid.
So, these are some of the trendy boys hairstyles that you should be looking forward to. Each of these hairstyles has its own unique vibe to deliver and they will really look gorgeous on your little boy. Depending on his personal features, and the occasion you want to wear him the new look, you can choose an appropriate style from the above look and give him the best kids haircuts. The options are aplenty and you can even experiment with these looks to achieve something special and more customized for your little boy. Start your search now and make a pick!